Sensory Friendly Performances
Everyone can enjoy a CCT show with our Sensory Friendly Performances
(Mary Poppins JR – SFP on 9/21 at 10:00am has been CANCELLED)
What is a Sensory Friendly Performance?
- Safe, friendly, and judgment-free environment
- Professionally trained staff and volunteers
- Adaptation and reduction of sudden changes in light and sound
- House lights are kept on slightly to allow for safety and freedom of movement
- Limited seat sales to allow room for guests with spatial issues
- Quiet lobby area for breaks
- Communication cards for non-verbal guests
- Sensory Friendly Resource packages for families, teachers, and caregivers
The experience begins at home – We are happy to help!
We understand the experience of coming to see a show begins long before arriving to the theatre. Going to new places can be scary – especially when you don’t know what to expect. CCT has made the following policy adjustments and some materials audiences can download and review with their family before coming to the theatre. These include:
- Social Story – The video above details the entire experience from walking up to the front door of the theatre, purchasing or picking up your tickets, choosing your seat, finding the bathrooms…everything! Audience members can review this video at home with their family before leaving for the theatre so they know exactly what to expect.
- Trained staff and actors to help guide the audience members through the experience by creating a welcoming environment.
- Flexible Refund Policy – Normally, CCT does not offer a refund for canceled reservations. However, for Sensory Friendly Performances only, we understand that complications arise before show time that may prevent families from being able to make it to the theatre. In these instances, we will make our refund policy flexible. Reservations must be canceled by phone in order to receive the refund and must be within 24 hours of the missed performance by calling 614.224.6672.
- All tickets to SFP performances The Park Street Theatre are $14, and they are $19 at the Lincoln Theatre.